The stats are hard to believe, but now you can see it for yourself. Watch all 76 points Nick Reid scored in Central City’s 86-76 overtime win over East Buchanan in Winthrop on Monday night.
Reid’s single-game effort is tied for the second best in Iowa high school boys’ basketball history, behind Roy Buchanan of Conway, who had 84 in a 1927 win over Gravity.
Reid finished Monday’s game 25 of 44 from the field, including 2 of 9 from 3-point range. He made 24 of 27 free throws. Twenty-three of his points came in the fourth quarter, including the game-tying 3-pointer, and he added 14 in overtime.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Reluctant Iowa City Council lifts gun ban to comply with new law
- Muscatine County attorney says Iowa mayor exceeded authority in issuing mask order
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- Track Guy Carnival: Kennedy’s Drew Bartels shines in long jump, 400-meter hurdles
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Complaint: Cedar Rapids man accused in Monday morning stabbing planned to kill his wife