116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Digital Edition frequently asked questions
Digital Edition frequently asked questions
Are you a Gazette print subscriber? Then you already have access to our Digital Edition, The Green Gazette.
Here’s how to get started:
Unlock Green Gazette access: part of all print and some digital subscriptions include access to our daily Digital Edition, the Green Gazette
Don’t have an Account?
You may need to activate your account. If you’ve never logged in to thegazette.com or Green Gazette, and you have an active subscription, you’ll need to first activate your account.
- Visit myaccount.thegazette.com
- Click the button that says ‘activate’
Visit the Green Gazette Site or App
Once you have an account set up, go to mygreengazette.com or open your app to read the paper online.
Type in your user name and password that you set up when you activated your account and click “Login”.
On the left half of your window, you’ll see the front page of today’s paper.
- Click on a story to view it larger.
- One click will bring up the story as simple text in the right half of your window.
- Click again to enlarge the story and view it just as it appears on the printed page.
- Triple click to enlarge the entire page.
- In this view, you can increase or decrease the size of the page using the magnify tool. You can also scroll through the page by using the scroll bar along the right or by clicking and dragging right on top of the page.
To exit the full page view and return to the original format, click on the SINGLE PAGE icon at the top.
- The Green Gazette makes it easy to share articles with family and friends. Just click on a story and click on Email Article.
- Printing an article is just as easy. Click on the article to print and select Print Article.
The Green Gazette also lets you save articles. Just use the ‘Select Content’ button toward the top right of your screen. A new window opens and lets you re-size the bounding box to select the exact content you wish to save. Click on Download/Print to create a new pdf that you can save to your desktop.
Read Aloud Function
- There’s also a Read Aloud feature if you’d like stories read out loud to you.
- Click a story you wish to read
- Click the ‘audio’ icon to turn reading on
These are just a few of the great features on The Green Gazette. We hope you enjoy your online Gazette experience!
Using the App – Frequently Asked Questions
A: This is the default view of the e-Edition and shows you a graphical view of the whole page of the paper that allows you click to zoom in on any content you want to view.
A: Pressing the arrows on the right and left sides of the page will switch pages, you can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse or touch pad to scroll the page and it will change pages once you reach the bottom of the current page.
A: Yes, by pressing the Share button along the right in Browse Mode you can print or e-mail a portion of a page to anyone you choose.
A: From the Pages Mode you can see a list of all the pages in the edition you are viewing. This will allow you to quickly scan the pages and jump to any page or section you want.