116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Web Accessibility
The Gazette is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of its Web site, thegazette.com, for all people with disabilities. Working with our internal accessibility experts, our product development team has and will continue to implement the relevant portions of the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) as its web accessibility standard.
Our website is tested periodically with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers, and with users with disabilities who use these technologies. Below are some of the steps we are taking under our accessibility policy: The Gazette employs experienced accessibility developers and experts to conduct a website accessibility audit and provide The Gazette web site developers or 3rd party contractors with specific recommendations to facilitate website accessibility and conformance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
Our company’s accessibility experts provide training periodically for our developers and 3rd party development teams on WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 conformance. On an ongoing basis, The Gazette will have periodic website accessibility audits, as well as end-user accessibility testing and evaluation of thegazette.com, conducted to provide prioritized feedback regarding conformance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
The Gazette has adopted a Pro-Active website accessibility policy to support its commitment to the accessibility of thegazette.com.
Subscribing to The Gazette
- Subscribing to The Gazette can be done online or over the phone however there are some limits to the accessibility of our online subscription process.
- Subscribe today
- Call 319-398-8333 or 1-800-397-8333 for Circulation Assistance
Visually Impaired Readers of our Newspaper
- Magnification readers are available for visually impaired readers who wish to continue reading the physical newspaper. Subscribers can simply call customer service 319-398-8211 to have one delivered with their paper, or stop in during business hours to pick up a Gazette Magnifier.
Logging in with the Site
- Customers can login to the site from the main menu or footer menu.
- Existing 5,6,7-day or TheGazette.com subscribers can use their standard account email and password to login.
- If you need assistance registering, or have any issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact The Gazette with Your Accessibility Questions
Please be aware that Accessibility is an ongoing effort, ensuing new content and features conform to WCAG. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular Web page on thegazette.com, please send your questions and comments to email@example.com. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page in your email, what is the exact issues you are experiencing and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.