The flood warning for the Cedar River at Cedar Rapids continues, with the National Weather Service expecting a crest of 18.3 feet tonight. The flood stage was 18.1 feet at 9:45 a.m. today.
Updated road closures for Cedar Rapids:
• Edgewood Rd NW fully closed to all traffic between Glass Rd and River Bluff Drive
• Intersection of C Street SW and Bowling Street SW
• Ely Road closure at Old River Road
• Otis Rd
• Ellis Blvd Between Ellis Ln and 18th St SW
• Ellis Rd west of Edgewood Rd
• A St SW
• Bowling St between A and C St SW
• Old River Rd
• 1st St NW between E Ave and Penn Ave NW
Park and trail closures
• Cheyenne Dog Park closed — The Cheyenne Park Off-Leash Area at 1650 Cedar Bend Lane SW is closed due to rising water on the Cedar River. Park visitors are asked to watch for notification before using it again, since flooding in previous years left debris and damage that made the park unsafe until it could be cleaned and repaired.
• Trail at Cedar Lake closed
• Trail from Ellis Park to Edgewood Rd. closed
• Prairie Park Fishery Trail closed
• Cedar Valley Trail from A St. to Tait Cummins closed
• Sac & Fox Trail from Cole St. to Rosedale Ct.
• Cedar Valley Trail from 7th Ave to 12th Ave Bridge
Current River Level at Cedar Rapids
For a full breakdown of all river levels across Iowa, please click here.
• Bowling St SW from 33rd Ave to 41st Ave
• Hawkeye Downs Rd from 6th St to J St SW
• J St SW