Several Eastern Iowa school districts are adjusting in-person learning as cases of coronavirus soar in Iowa:
• The Cedar Rapids Community School District is online now until Nov. 30. The Iowa Department of Education approved a two-week waiver for virtual instruction Thursday.
• The Iowa City Community School District will start online only Monday after the Department of Education approved its waiver earlier this week. The school board will reevaluate the return-to-learn plan at its Nov. 24 meeting, with students scheduled to return to hybrid learning Nov. 30.
• The College Community School District will start online-only Monday, and submitted a waiver for virtual learning earlier this week that was approved Thursday by the Department of Education. The district plans to resume school in a hybrid model Nov. 30.
• The Linn-Mar Community School District applied for a waiver for temporary virtual instruction at Excelsior Middle School, which started online Wednesday. The school is facing staffing shortage. The rest of the district is moving in to a hybrid model starting Monday.
• Marion High School transitioned to a hybrid learning model Tuesday because of the number of positive cases and students in quarantine.
• The Clear Creek Amana School District started virtual learning Monday, and received a waiver for two weeks of virtual instruction with the hope of returning in-person Nov. 30.
02:16PM | Sun, January 17, 2021
06:00AM | Sat, January 16, 2021
07:11PM | Fri, January 15, 2021