Iowa athletics director Gary Barta and football coach Kirk Ferentz held a press conference at 1 p.m. Thursday after the findings of an independent review into the program's culture were released. The review confirmed complaints from Black former players that some coaches have been racially intolerant, and criticized the program's “Iowa Way” mantra as squelching individualism.
Watch a replay of the press conference and follow along with updates here.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City schools’ request to begin virtually denied by Department of Education
- Masks will be required in Johnson County, with fines issued for violators
- Dallas Hobbs, Cedar Rapids Washington grad, at the forefront of Pac-12 football player movement
- Iowa announces plans for some fans to attend football games this season
- Linn County sees highest single-day increase in coronavirus cases
- FCS college football season inching closer toward postponement to spring