Samson Evans, a three-star athlete out of Prairie Ridge High School in Cyrstal Lake, Ill., announced his committment to Iowa via Twitter on Sunday.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound junior is an option quarterback. He ran for 2,211 yards and 43 touchdowns last season. His position in college is up for debate.
He is the sixth player in the 2018 class. Another committ, offensive lineman Jeff Jenkins, is also from Prairie Ridge.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa steps back from recent coronavirus spikes
- Iowa high school football rankings: Week 6 features showdowns throughout the state
- Police: 17-year-old stabbed by Coralville man over car dispute
- President Donald Trump paid $750 in U.S. income taxes in 2016, 2017, newspaper report says
- Uprooted: Family deals with death and derecho
- Fact Checker: PAC ad attacks Mariannette Miller-Meeks over Obamacare