I’m in the mud. I’m in the mud up to my nose. The mud is that I don’t know what to do about how I get my information. I know I’m not alone in this issue, everyone in my circle is as lost as I am. I don’t want to be fed only the information that feeds into my biases. I want to hear honest, thoughtful discourse without the hate and labeling. I don’t want people yelling or talking over each other just to make a point, catch a sound bite or tweet quote. The 1st Amendment was so important to our Founding Fathers that they made it for everyone no matter what your ideology, background, where you’re from or how you identify. Cancel culture, the extreme right and left, makes it seem like the average person doesn’t fit in anymore, but we’re the majority. I wonder if that matters any more with all the noise.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- It’s back to the state tournament for Monticello, this time in Class 3A
- Iowa lawmakers advance new bill banning race and sex ‘scapegoating’ training
- Iowa House panel backs elimination of gun permits
- Welcome to Iowa, a state in need of a slogan
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Monday's scores, stats, game replays and more
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Live stream, Tuesday's schedule, score updates