I’m in the mud. I’m in the mud up to my nose. The mud is that I don’t know what to do about how I get my information. I know I’m not alone in this issue, everyone in my circle is as lost as I am. I don’t want to be fed only the information that feeds into my biases. I want to hear honest, thoughtful discourse without the hate and labeling. I don’t want people yelling or talking over each other just to make a point, catch a sound bite or tweet quote. The 1st Amendment was so important to our Founding Fathers that they made it for everyone no matter what your ideology, background, where you’re from or how you identify. Cancel culture, the extreme right and left, makes it seem like the average person doesn’t fit in anymore, but we’re the majority. I wonder if that matters any more with all the noise.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa women’s basketball spreads out the points late, rallies past Drake, 103-97
- Lisbon man charged after high-speed chase from Central City into Jones County
- Chew on This: Zoey’s Pizza reopens in Marion, Table closes in North Liberty
- Jordan Bohannon says Iowa will climb 2 more rungs — to No. 1
- Iowa City company raises $7.5 million for drone crop-spraying technology
- Sen. Chuck Grassley proposes 50% hike in oil, gas royalties on federal lands