My litmus test for a sheriff is someone who understands the community, partners well with different levels of government and law enforcement and stands up for the powerless. Brad Kunkel has been coordinating with all levels of local government as part of the Johnson County Emergency Operations Center pandemic meetings. He knows his community, and I’m confident he will continue to work hard for the most vulnerable, especially victims of domestic violence and at-risk children. That’s why I am voting Brad Kunkel for Johnson County sheriff. I hope you will, too.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City protest ends with tear gas and flash grenades to keep crowd off Interstate 80
- Iowa sets guidelines for family visits to care facilities
- Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission gives thumbs down to gambling on esports
- Hundreds gather on May’s Island in Cedar Rapids, praying to heal nation’s racial divide
- University of Iowa hospitals boasts 99.7% coronavirus survival rate, amid financial woes
- Spray painted graffiti coats buildings and streets in downtown Iowa City following protests