My litmus test for a sheriff is someone who understands the community, partners well with different levels of government and law enforcement and stands up for the powerless. Brad Kunkel has been coordinating with all levels of local government as part of the Johnson County Emergency Operations Center pandemic meetings. He knows his community, and I’m confident he will continue to work hard for the most vulnerable, especially victims of domestic violence and at-risk children. That’s why I am voting Brad Kunkel for Johnson County sheriff. I hope you will, too.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football playoffs 2020: Here are the state quarterfinal matchups
- Iowa high school football roundup: Third-round playoff scores, stats and more
- West Delaware pummels Washington in highly-anticipated Class 3A playoff game
- Iowa football vs. Northwestern: TV channel, live stream, start time, predictions
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy literally runs its way to Class 4A playoff quarterfinals
- High school volleyball players, and COVID-19 concerns, descend on Cedar Rapids