My litmus test for a sheriff is someone who understands the community, partners well with different levels of government and law enforcement and stands up for the powerless. Brad Kunkel has been coordinating with all levels of local government as part of the Johnson County Emergency Operations Center pandemic meetings. He knows his community, and I’m confident he will continue to work hard for the most vulnerable, especially victims of domestic violence and at-risk children. That’s why I am voting Brad Kunkel for Johnson County sheriff. I hope you will, too.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City schools’ request to begin virtually denied by Department of Education
- Masks will be required in Johnson County, with fines issued for violators
- Dallas Hobbs, Cedar Rapids Washington grad, at the forefront of Pac-12 football player movement
- Iowa announces plans for some fans to attend football games this season
- Linn County sees highest single-day increase in coronavirus cases
- FCS college football season inching closer toward postponement to spring