Gov. Kim Reynolds has asked all of us to “double down” and be “part of the solution” by taking every precaution we can to stop the virus. Yet she can go to a super spreader event in Dubuque and scream to the crowd about her support for President Donald Trump. She says, “I’ve tried to lead by example.” I am sure the families of over 1,800 Iowans who have died from COVID-19 appreciated her “do as I say, not as I do” style of leadership.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Jack Nunge inspires Iowa men's basketball in 99-58 win over Western Illinois
- Lisbon’s Cole Clark sets sights on state wrestling title
- Iowa reports 70 coronavirus deaths in one day
- Cedar Rapids schools returning to in-person classes Monday
- Iowa legislative leaders not anticipating major coronavirus-related changes at Capitol
- Gov. Kim Reynolds: ‘Light at end of tunnel’ with coronavirus vaccine’s pending arrival in Iowa