There seems to be some needless concern about the “smart meters” that some utilities are installing to measure home electrical consumption. There are several research articles that should put you at ease, but it is summed up in an excerpt from the American Cancer Society: “ ... the amount of RF radiation you could be exposed to from a smart meter is much less than what you could be exposed to from a cellphone ...”
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Wieskamp banks, Hawkeyes get another unlikely cash
- Iowa state wrestling championships 2019: Live updates, stream, schedule, results
- Avoid delinquent loans with better planning
- Perseverance powers Linn-Mar’s Jacob Wempen to state wrestling title
- 3A No. 9 Waukon girls’ basketball earns state tournament bid with second-half blitz of No. 13 Davenport Assumption
- Blake Pietila shines in net as C.R. RoughRiders knock off Waterloo, 2-1