There seems to be some needless concern about the “smart meters” that some utilities are installing to measure home electrical consumption. There are several research articles that should put you at ease, but it is summed up in an excerpt from the American Cancer Society: “ ... the amount of RF radiation you could be exposed to from a smart meter is much less than what you could be exposed to from a cellphone ...”
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Potential trash turns out to be theater treasure
- Trade group pushes voluntary cybersecurity standard
- Too much Tyler Cook (and Hawkeyes) spoils the broth for UNI
- West Delaware opens eyes with impressive Battle of Waterloo showing
- UNI’s offense bottoms out in Hy-Vee Classic loss to Iowa
- One step closer to space tourism