There seems to be some needless concern about the “smart meters” that some utilities are installing to measure home electrical consumption. There are several research articles that should put you at ease, but it is summed up in an excerpt from the American Cancer Society: “ ... the amount of RF radiation you could be exposed to from a smart meter is much less than what you could be exposed to from a cellphone ...”
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Behind Tyler Andrews, Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys' basketball upends 3A No. 10 Xavier
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Dec. 18 area scores, stats and more
- Living up to expectations: Iowa basketball tames Catamounts, 78-60
- Maquoketa slugs out win over West Delaware in battle of 2nd, 3rd-ranked teams in Class 3A
- Signature win moves Cedar Rapids Washington girls' basketball to 7-0
- She swiped her co-worker’s Coke can. Police say it cracked a 28-year-old murder case.