Here is a video compilation of the Big Boy No. 4014 steam locomotive’s travels and stops in Minnesota and Wisconsin between July 20 and July 23, as Union Pacific celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad’s completion.
The 1.2-million pound engine will be visiting Cedar Rapids and other Eastern Iowa locations Tuesday as part of The Great Race Across the Midwest.
MORE News ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football preseason rankings: Western Dubuque, Waukon start No. 1 in 3A, 2A
- Hiawatha woman accused of stealing $70,000 from employer
- Reports: USDA off tour of crops after call from angry Iowa farmer
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s special teams: The Hawkeyes will probably spring some ‘trickeration’
- At sentencing, sex abuse victim says Iowa City man ‘tormented and obliterated’ her
- Waukon football's expectations run higher after state semifinal trip