The Marion Police Department is reporting a disruption in inbound calls to its emergency 9-1-1 telephone system.
According to a report from MPD, 9-1-1 may not be available in some areas of Marion and the phone service provider, CenturyLink, is working to re-establish service to the impacted areas.
During the outage, any emergency calls should use the main phone number for the Marion Police Department, (319) 377-1511.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Elise Boulton engineers 4th-quarter surge, Montezuma beats Saint Ansgar in state quarterfinals
- Photos: Montezuma vs. Saint Ansgar, Iowa Class 1A girls’ state basketball quarterfinals
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Wednesday's scores, stats, game replays and more
- All-Wamac boys' basketball 2021: Keaton Kutcher, Christian Withrow are players of the year
- Des Moines superintendent could lose his job for defying state on in-person instruction during pandemic
- Gov. Kim Reynolds opts for new COVID-19 vaccine for her own shot