The Marion Police Department is reporting a disruption in inbound calls to its emergency 9-1-1 telephone system.
According to a report from MPD, 9-1-1 may not be available in some areas of Marion and the phone service provider, CenturyLink, is working to re-establish service to the impacted areas.
During the outage, any emergency calls should use the main phone number for the Marion Police Department, (319) 377-1511.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brandon Horman, former Cedar Rapids Jefferson boys’ basketball coach, taking over at Lisbon
- As Maggie McQuillen fights, support comes from Anamosa and beyond
- Cordell Pemsl transferring out of Iowa men’s basketball program
- Iowa Board of Medicine urges governor to require shelter in place
- IHSAA, IGHSAU holding out hope for Iowa high school spring sports
- University of Iowa Health Care debuts ‘virtual hospital’ for COVID-19 patients