CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man robbed three individuals at gunpoint Friday, according to the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Jovon T. Ellis Jr., 18, of 1552 Washington Ave. SE, is accused of pointing a gun at three people and taking their phones, cash and purse Friday in the 5200 block of Wilson Avenue SW in Cedar Rapids.
Ellis has been charged with second-degree robbery, a Class C felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa tops 36,000 coronavirus cases as hospitalizations continue to rise
- Iowa City schools will start school year only online as COVID-19 cases rise
- Johnson County supervisor calls for secured entrance at county buildings in light of state law regarding firearms
- Hannah Bridgewater’s speed ignites North Linn softball, then her slam makes it a quick night
- Iowa Democrats down but not out over change to party’s convention
- Father of Malik Sheets hopes S10,000 reward will lead to son’s killer