With flu season around the corner, and the state still in the throes of the novel coronavirus pandemic, health care providers say its important to get a flu shot now.
“The earlier you get a vaccine, the better. It is a safe and effective vaccination,” said Dr. Clete Younger, a family medicine physician with UnityPoint Health-Cedar Rapids.
There are several ways residents can get a flu shot in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City:
• People can get a flu shot at their family doctor or other primary care provider they typically see.
• Flu shots are available at urgent care centers and other clinics managed by Mercy Medical Center and UnityPoint Health-Cedar Rapids.
• The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics has an online portal for patients to schedule a flu shot in any of its walk-in clinics. The sign-up is at uihc.org/flu-shot.
• Shot also are available at any UI QuickCare or UI Urgent Care with no appointment necessary.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Flu shots also are available at some retail pharmacies.
• For the first time this year, Hy-Vee is offering drive-thru flu shots at several pharmacies in the Corridor. Individuals can find the consent form required for each patient on the Hy-Vee website.
Comments: (319) 398-8469; firstname.lastname@example.org