U.S. Rep Tim Ryan will be stopping in eight Iowa cities through Saturday, returning to the state as part of his run for president.
The Democratic candidate, who has represented Ohio in the U.S. House since 2003 and announced his candidacy on April 4, has plans for a meet-and-greet at Barren House 21 in Davenport at 7 p.m. Thursday, where he will “discuss his vision to unite our country with the grit and optimism we need to win the future,” his campaign said in a statement.
Ryan, 45, will hold similar meet-and-greet events Friday and Saturday at:
• Coffee Belt in Muscatine from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. Friday.
• Bent River Brewery in Burlington from noon to 1 p.m. Friday.
• Sub Arena in Fort Madison from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Friday.
• The Lost Canvas in Keokuk from 5 to 6 p.m. Friday.
• Jerry’s Restaurant in Mount Pleasant from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. Friday.
• The home of Debi and Stan Plum, 1106 E. Fillmore Ave., in Fairfield from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Raccoon River Park in West Des Moines from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday.
During the stops, Ryan will discuss treating workers with dignity, accessible health care, and affordable college and vocational tech education as components of what he describes as a “new American dream,” according to his campaign.
l Comments: (319) 398-8366; firstname.lastname@example.org