U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson has been selected to serve on the House Appropriations Committee, which has vast control over how federal funds are spent.
The Marion Republican is the first freshman from Iowa’s 1st Congressional District to land a seat on Appropriations.
As a member of the committee, Hinson said she would “fight for priorities that matter to Iowans and rural America, ensure taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly, push back on Democrats’ liberal agenda and bring some desperately needed transparency to government spending.”
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Kenzie Reed comes up big in Kennedy’s substate semifinal win over No. 9 Ottumwa
- It’s Caitlin Clark’s world, and we’re just living in it
- Father of Iowa drug sentencing reformer faces prison in meth case
- At Meskwaki Settlement School, a special boys’ basketball season reaches substate finals
- 2 arrested, recruited by Iowa City landlord to break into tenant’s home armed with bats, police say
- Iowa City Liberty trying to make up for lost time in boys’ basketball postseason