The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UI law professor Christina Bohannan defeats Rep. Lensing in Iowa House primary
- Brad Kunkel easily wins sheriff’s primary in Johnson County
- Joel Miller wins Democratic primary for Linn auditor
- Incumbents cruise to victory in Johnson County supervisors race
- Operation Quickfind: Kelsey Dighton, 13
- Spike in coronavirus deaths reverses downward trend in Iowa