The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Nate Sanderson resigns as Linn-Mar girls’ basketball coach
- Linn County gets green light to open mental health center
- Overnight Walmart hours to end at three Cedar Rapids area locations
- Iowa women's basketball navigates past Ohio State for another home win
- Ben Hoeger lifts Cedar Rapids Kennedy wrestling to thrilling 1-point win over Linn-Mar
- Cedar Rapids man sentenced to 5 years for slamming pregnant girlfriend into wall