The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- C.R. Police: Man armed with Taser kicked in door, attacked woman
- Foxhoven spoke with U.S. inspector general, state auditor about his resignation from Iowa DHS
- Johnson County Jail inmate found with heroin
- Cedar Rapids woman says naked neighbor forced his way into her apartment
- 7-run inning propels No. 1 Cedar Rapids Xavier to district baseball title
- Iowa not alone in denying Medicaid for transgender care