The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa-Nebraska Big Ten baseball tournament game postponed
- Cedar Rapids man found with four loaded weapons
- Five Eastern Iowa men indicted for sex trafficking
- As Cole McDonald’s Iowa baseball career winds down, his family cherishes every pitch
- Surging Clear Creek Amana girls’ soccer earns sixth victory in a row with regional rout
- Iowa football look ahead: On paper, in theory, the Cy-Hawk should be a great game in 2019