The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- It’s not just winning at Solon, but winning right
- Iowa State holds off Iowa in Cy-Hawk volleyball five-set test of wills
- Brock Purdy’s record-breaking day leads Cyclones to blowout win
- LGBTQ forum brings marginalized issues into mainstream of 2020 presidential campaign
- Prep football rewind: Monticello starts 4-0 for first time since 1977
- Defense leads Panthers to win over Idaho State