The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch has announced its planned Rosetta Stone exhibit for April through October has been canceled.
While preparing the exhibit, “questions were raised about the authenticity of some of the items that were loaned” by the Origins Museum Institute, a news release stated.
The museum instead has decided to display another exhibit staff was already preparing, called “Collaborative Collectors: Herbert and Lou Hoover,” which will open on May 18 and run through October 27, according to the release.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Joe Wieskamp gets Iowa basketball fans buzzed, helps blitz Minnesota
- Senior independent living project planned in SW Cedar Rapids
- North Linn has basically a brand new boys' basketball team, but expects to challenge everyone again
- Cedar Rapids man who tried to steal internet domain sentenced to 14 years
- University of Iowa lands $1.165 billion in utilities deal
- West Side Transport sues engine manufacturer over warranty for defective truck parts