Dozens treked from Cedar Rapids City Hall to Greene Park on Wednesday with Gov. Kim Reynolds and other city officials. The approximately 1-mile route marked the annual Healthiest State Initiative walk.
Participants received free lunch upon arriving at Greene Park. The Healthiest State Initiative is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with the goal to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- John Waters ‘ripped off’ at NewBo festival, among many still owed money after GO Cedar Rapids folded
- Linn-Mar teacher sexually abused teen, parents’ lawsuit alleges
- Iowa defense sees a different challenge in Maryland
- Reynolds, Hubbell debate Trump tariffs, responsibility for sexual harassment in Iowa government
- With coach on medical leave, inspired Mount Vernon wins regional volleyball opener
- Police: Vinton man and Cedar Rapids woman arrested following early morning chase