Hy-Vee’s much-anticipated store in Coralville, located near its border with North Liberty, is set for its grand opening 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The 85,000-square-foot store is located at 3285 Crosspark Rd., north of Interstate 80, off Coral Ridge Avenue. An adjacent convenience store and gas station opened in 2016, but the grocery store — initially slated for a 2017 debut — was delayed for design reevaluation, the retailer said.
The Iowa Department of Transportation plans to open a new interchange at nearby Forevergreen Road in about a year. Hy-Vee Manager Christina Gayman says the store will not hold a “soft” opening.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Urbana fisherman’s body found
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for May 28: Cedar Rapids, Marion park playgrounds reopen Monday, Twin Pines Golf Course to reopen June 4
- Cedar Rapids lawmaker wants legislative session delayed
- Deaths from coronavirus in Iowa hit 500
- Iowa AD Gary Barta says the goal is a full Kinnick Stadium this fall, but that path isn't going to be easy or clear
- Cedar Rapids police chief criticizes Minneapolis officers’ actions in death of George Floyd