Hy-Vee’s much-anticipated store in Coralville, located near its border with North Liberty, is set for its grand opening 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The 85,000-square-foot store is located at 3285 Crosspark Rd., north of Interstate 80, off Coral Ridge Avenue. An adjacent convenience store and gas station opened in 2016, but the grocery store — initially slated for a 2017 debut — was delayed for design reevaluation, the retailer said.
The Iowa Department of Transportation plans to open a new interchange at nearby Forevergreen Road in about a year. Hy-Vee Manager Christina Gayman says the store will not hold a “soft” opening.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids man stole $20,000 in Nordstrom merchandise, then sold online: Complaint
- State sues Cedar Rapids asbestos company over work at Washington High School
- Big Ten media days: Iowa has a new depth chart
- A year after Mollie Tibbetts tragedy, a community changes
- Scams like one that led to fake Neil Young concert are big business in Iowa
- Iowa Democrats in U.S. House vote for $15 minimum wage