More than a year after it declared its plans to buy Cedar Rapids’ largest employer United Technologies Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins late Monday. Today, temporary signage for Collins Aerospace, a unit of UTC, is seen at the former Rockwell Collins buildings.
Rockwell will combine with Charlotte, N.C.-based UTC Aerospace Systems to form Collins Aerospace Systems. Collins Aerospace spokeswoman Pam Tvrdy-Cleary said there are no immediate changes planned as to how many employees will be based in Cedar Rapids or Collins Aerospace’s other locations in Eastern Iowa.
MORE ROCKWELL COLLINS ACQUISITION ARTICLES ...
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Capitol Ideas: Criminal justice reform a big win for Grassley
- Tyrell Gordon wins UNI debut, but Panthers fall to Cornell Big Red
- Motivated by home record, Iowa State women’s basketball beats No. 25 Drake
- Iowa makes it 12 straight wins vs. UNI