More than a year after it declared its plans to buy Cedar Rapids’ largest employer United Technologies Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins late Monday. Today, temporary signage for Collins Aerospace, a unit of UTC, is seen at the former Rockwell Collins buildings.
Rockwell will combine with Charlotte, N.C.-based UTC Aerospace Systems to form Collins Aerospace Systems. Collins Aerospace spokeswoman Pam Tvrdy-Cleary said there are no immediate changes planned as to how many employees will be based in Cedar Rapids or Collins Aerospace’s other locations in Eastern Iowa.
MORE ROCKWELL COLLINS ACQUISITION ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Federal executions resume after 17 years
- Traveling from Iowa to Chicago? You’ll have to quarantine for two weeks
- Theresa Greenfield calls for ACA expansion to address small-business owners’ top concern
- Breasia Terrell’s mother believes 10-year-old Davenport girl still is alive
- Test Iowa audit claims coronavirus testing reporting process illegal, risky
- University of Iowa shatters research funding records amid COVID-19