More than a year after it declared its plans to buy Cedar Rapids’ largest employer United Technologies Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins late Monday. Today, temporary signage for Collins Aerospace, a unit of UTC, is seen at the former Rockwell Collins buildings.
Rockwell will combine with Charlotte, N.C.-based UTC Aerospace Systems to form Collins Aerospace Systems. Collins Aerospace spokeswoman Pam Tvrdy-Cleary said there are no immediate changes planned as to how many employees will be based in Cedar Rapids or Collins Aerospace’s other locations in Eastern Iowa.
MORE ROCKWELL COLLINS ACQUISITION ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football preseason rankings: Western Dubuque, Waukon start No. 1 in 3A, 2A
- Cedar Rapids nears acquiring land for signature ‘Smokestack Bridge’
- Resigned University of Iowa diversity head telecommuting, can job hunt ‘during working hours’
- Iowa City High searches for turnaround under loyal coach Dan Sabers
- Photos: Washington Warriors Invitational Golf Meet
- Linn County Auditor Joel Miller concerned about security of voter registration database