More than a year after it declared its plans to buy Cedar Rapids’ largest employer United Technologies Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins late Monday. Today, temporary signage for Collins Aerospace, a unit of UTC, is seen at the former Rockwell Collins buildings.
Rockwell will combine with Charlotte, N.C.-based UTC Aerospace Systems to form Collins Aerospace Systems. Collins Aerospace spokeswoman Pam Tvrdy-Cleary said there are no immediate changes planned as to how many employees will be based in Cedar Rapids or Collins Aerospace’s other locations in Eastern Iowa.
MORE ROCKWELL COLLINS ACQUISITION ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- No. 23 Iowa 26, Purdue 20: A win, a Wisconsin loss and Brandon Smith doesn't seen terribly injured
- Cedar Rapids Xavier shows versatility in MVC volleyball runner-up finish
- Iowa vs. Purdue Game Report: Grades, numbers, notes and more
- Iowa's Riley Moss waited almost a year for that interception against Purdue
- Iowa football vs. Purdue: Final score, stats, highlights and more
- Freshmen Dillon Doyle and Jack Campbell step in at middle linebacker for Iowa