Not much goes together better than coffee and donuts. We have updates on both in this week’s Chew on This.
An Iowa City doughnut shop is reopening in a new spot. Daylight Donuts, which shut its doors in May, is reopening at 1681 S. First Ave., Iowa City, the former location of Sun Cafe. Scott and Vicki Ward first opened the shop in 2011.
Marion pub Uptown Snug now includes a coffee shop in the front room of its building at 760 11th St. in uptown Marion. Paul and Jeanne Matthews own the bar, which they opened in May 2016. The coffee shop opens at 6:30 a.m. Monday to Saturday.
An Eastern Iowa restaurant is returning to the place where it started. P.H.A.T. Daddy’s (which stands for Pretty Hot and Tasty), started in Marengo before closing there and moving to Amana in 2015. It closed there in June. Now it is back; owner Mike Curry announced on Facebook he would be reopening in Marengo, at 1041 Court Ave., with dine in, carryout and catering services.
Comments: (319) 398-8339; firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE RESTAURANTS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Spencer Lee earns first-period tech fall, Iowa wrestling takes care of Nebraska
- Lisa Bluder: Wisconsin 'is ticked' and 'really tired of this' as Iowa seeks 21st straight win in series
- Photos: Iowa wrestling defeats Nebraska
- Meet the UI Writers’ Workshop grad whose novel is about to take over the world
- Hawkeyes men’s basketball team and its fans: It looks like love
- Jill Biden tries to close the deal for her husband, one tiny Iowa town at a time