Not much goes together better than coffee and donuts. We have updates on both in this week’s Chew on This.
An Iowa City doughnut shop is reopening in a new spot. Daylight Donuts, which shut its doors in May, is reopening at 1681 S. First Ave., Iowa City, the former location of Sun Cafe. Scott and Vicki Ward first opened the shop in 2011.
Marion pub Uptown Snug now includes a coffee shop in the front room of its building at 760 11th St. in uptown Marion. Paul and Jeanne Matthews own the bar, which they opened in May 2016. The coffee shop opens at 6:30 a.m. Monday to Saturday.
An Eastern Iowa restaurant is returning to the place where it started. P.H.A.T. Daddy’s (which stands for Pretty Hot and Tasty), started in Marengo before closing there and moving to Amana in 2015. It closed there in June. Now it is back; owner Mike Curry announced on Facebook he would be reopening in Marengo, at 1041 Court Ave., with dine in, carryout and catering services.
Comments: (319) 398-8339; firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE RESTAURANTS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brandon Horman, former Cedar Rapids Jefferson boys’ basketball coach, taking over at Lisbon
- As Maggie McQuillen fights, support comes from Anamosa and beyond
- Iowa Board of Medicine urges governor to require shelter in place
- Iowa universities deal with pros and pitfalls of online learning brought on by COVID-19
- University of Iowa Health Care debuts ‘virtual hospital’ for COVID-19 patients
- Cordell Pemsl transferring out of Iowa men’s basketball program