The Gazette is passionately independent champions of connecting, informing and enriching our communities. Aligned to this mission is our commitment to identify ways we can support of a variety of programs and events throughout Eastern Iowa.
The following is a list of opportunities with guidelines when considering The Gazette support:
A collaborative agreement that offers event and program resources in exchange for an opportunity to engage with the audience served.
- Resources are most often provided in the form of product or services
- Events must be open to the public
- Requests are considered based on resource availability and alignment to The Gazette mission
- News and Editorial coverage will be separate from any sponsor or media partnership agreements
- Requests must be submitted at least six weeks in advance of the program or event with a minimum of one meeting with requestor to discuss the request. If approved, a scope of agreement will be created
Please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
The Gazette Gives Back
Nonprofit organizations may be eligible to participate in The Gazette Gives Back. This annual charitable program offers over $525,000 in free advertising to selected nonprofits. Applications are offered in September and participants are selected in October for the year ahead. Visit www.thegazette.com/givesback for full details.
Hoopla Event Calendar Posting
Submit details about your upcoming program or event for free at www.hooplanow.com (click on Submit an Event). All submissions are pre-approved before going live on the event calendar and must follow Hoopla guidelines. See www.hooplanow.com for full details.
Notifies the news division about an upcoming community event or initiative via press release. PLEASE NOTE - Sending a press release does not guarantee coverage or posting. A press release gives the news division staff the necessary information to consider for community briefs, preview stories and other means of content. News coverage is separate from any media sponsorship agreement. Please send your press release to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommend a minimum of three weeks advance with a follow up the week of the event.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
The Gazette sales department offers a variety of resources to create the most effective awareness campaign directly to your target audience. Contact Amy McKelvy, Sales Director, at email@example.com