MedPharm, one of two licensed distributors of medical marijuana products in iowa, announced Wednesday that it will be producing three products: creams, capsules and tinctures.
The offerings are made up of four different formulations based on the CBD (Cannabidiol) to THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) concentration ratio in the products. CBD and THC are chemicals found in marijuana, and they are useful for different problems, according to MedPharm: THC offers more painkilling properties, while CBD is an anti-inflammatory chemical.
DES MOINES -- Achieving 'harmony' and 'calm' in trying to cope with agonizing pain and disease soon will come in pill form.Continue Reading
The ratios being offered are (in terms of CBD to THC) 20:1; 2:1; 1:1; and 1:20.
Here’s a breakdown of what patient condition each concentration can be used to treat:
• 20:1 = seizures, Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and untreatable pain
• 2:1 = Parkinson’s disease and untreatable pain
• 1:1 = Cancer, untreatable pain, HIV/AIDS, ALS, MS
• 1:20 = cancer, untreatable pain, AIDS/HIV, terminal illness
The Products and Prices (as announced today)
Price: Capsules $30-$130, Trial capsules (3-6 pills) $10-$25
Ratios: 20:1, 1:1, 1:20
Price: Tinctures = $50-$130
Ratios: 2:1, 1:1, 1:20
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball rallies from 12 points down to beat Wisconsin
- Iowa men's basketball vs. Wisconsin: Box score, highlights, live updates recap
- Magical Marion does it again, beats DeWitt Central in OT on buzzer beater
- Hy-Vee to buy former Shopkos in Eastern Iowa
- Iowa City sex assault survivor was scared for her life but “never stopped fighting”
- Recruiting is a season within the season for Iowa's Fran McCaffery