MedPharm, one of two licensed distributors of medical marijuana products in iowa, announced Wednesday that it will be producing three products: creams, capsules and tinctures.
The offerings are made up of four different formulations based on the CBD (Cannabidiol) to THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) concentration ratio in the products. CBD and THC are chemicals found in marijuana, and they are useful for different problems, according to MedPharm: THC offers more painkilling properties, while CBD is an anti-inflammatory chemical.
DES MOINES -- Achieving 'harmony' and 'calm' in trying to cope with agonizing pain and disease soon will come in pill form.Continue Reading
The ratios being offered are (in terms of CBD to THC) 20:1; 2:1; 1:1; and 1:20.
Here’s a breakdown of what patient condition each concentration can be used to treat:
• 20:1 = seizures, Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and untreatable pain
• 2:1 = Parkinson’s disease and untreatable pain
• 1:1 = Cancer, untreatable pain, HIV/AIDS, ALS, MS
• 1:20 = cancer, untreatable pain, AIDS/HIV, terminal illness
The Products and Prices (as announced today)
Price: Capsules $30-$130, Trial capsules (3-6 pills) $10-$25
Ratios: 20:1, 1:1, 1:20
Price: Tinctures = $50-$130
Ratios: 2:1, 1:1, 1:20
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Prairie rolls past Linn-Mar, 42-0
- Unusual Cedar Rapids high school football weekend in most unusual season
- Photos: Cedar Rapids Prairie vs. Linn-Mar, Iowa high school football Week 5
- 3A No. 6 Davenport Assumption blanks Cedar Rapids Washington, 35-0
- Dubuque Wahlert defense stifles Marion in 17-0 win
- Mount Vernon volleyball hangs with the bigger schools in Fall Classic