Day 9 of the trial continues Monday for Jerry Burns, charged with first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of Michelle Martinko on Dec. 19, 1979. Police found the 18-year-old's body in her parents’ Buick parked at Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids.
Follow reporter Trish Mehaffey’s live coverage from the courtroom. She'll provide updates in the chat below, where you also can ask questions and post comments (your posts are being moderated by Trish, so they may not appear immediately, but she will receive them).
• MORE ABOUT THE CASE: Key moments in the Michelle Martinko cold case investigation
MORE MICHELLE MARTINKO ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Theresa Greenfield calls for ACA expansion to address small-business owners’ top concern
- Traveling from Iowa to Chicago? You’ll have to quarantine for two weeks
- Test Iowa audit claims coronavirus testing reporting process illegal, risky
- Breasia Terrell’s mother believes 10-year-old Davenport girl still is alive
- University of Iowa shatters research funding records amid COVID-19
- Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students