Day 5 of the trial continues Monday for Jerry Burns, charged with first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of Michelle Martinko on Dec. 19, 1979. Police found the 18-year-old's body in her parents’ Buick parked at Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids.
Follow reporter Trish Mehaffey’s live coverage from the courtroom. She'll provide updates in the chat below, where you also can ask questions and post comments (your posts are being moderated by Trish, so they may not appear immediately, but she will receive them).
• MORE ABOUT THE CASE: Key moments in the Michelle Martinko cold case investigation
MORE MICHELLE MARTINKO ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball stifles No. 4 Ohio State for season’s biggest win
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: The Gazette's predictions
- Iowa girls’ state basketball 2021: A closer look at Monday’s games
- COVID-19 cases decline among vaccinated health care workers in Cedar Rapids
- Can Decorah close the gap and compete with Western Dubuque in 3A substate final?
- Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha solar project save taxpayers thousands, report finds