Day 4 of the trial continues Monday for Jerry Burns, charged with first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of Michelle Martinko on Dec. 19, 1979. Police found the 18-year-old's body in her parents’ Buick parked at Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids.
Follow reporter Trish Mehaffey’s live coverage from the courtroom. She'll provide updates in the chat below, where you also can ask questions and post comments (your posts are being moderated by Trish, so they may not appear immediately, but she will receive them).
• MORE ABOUT THE CASE: Key moments in the Michelle Martinko cold case investigation
MORE MICHELLE MARTINKO ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- IPERS trust fund buffeted by volatile investment market
- United States coronavirus death toll eclipses China’s as reinforcements head to NYC
- Two teens arrested after high-speed chase in Cedar Rapids, police say
- University of Iowa Pharmaceuticals makes hand sanitizer for UI hospitals
- How window art is allowing heart to heart connections in a time of social distancing
- Early Big Ten women's basketball predictions: Focus turns to Indiana, Ohio State in 2020-21