It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Brunch After Dark with Santa
Why only eat brunch in the morning? Cedar Ridge is hosting Santa for a dinner buffet featuring brunch favorites, plus wine, beer and cocktails available for purchase, along with hot chocolate and holiday cookie decorating for kids. Santa will be present 4 to 8 p.m., and families not dining are welcome to visit the man in red.
• When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. today
• Where: Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery, 1441 Marak Rd. NW, Swisher
• Cost: $18.99 adults, $8 children 6 to 12, free children under 5
• Reservations: (319) 857-4300
Public Coffee Cupping
Learn what it means to “cup” coffee and how coffee is evaluated in the industry. This class includes blind cupping of five coffees and analysis. Attendees will receive an 8 ounce bag of coffee to take home.
• When: 6 to 7 p.m. today
• Where: Dash Coffee Roasters, 120 Third Ave. SW, Suite 2, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $10
Gingerbread House Party
Unleash your competitive and creative sides at NewBo City Market’s gingerbread house decorating competition and party. Grab a gingerbread beer from Confluence Brewing Company, munch on a gingerbread cookie and say hi to Santa, then build your own gingerbread house during the competition. Preregistration is required for the competition, with categories for adults and families. The best family prize is a $50 Visa card, and the best adult prize is a $100 Visa card. The party is noon to 6 p.m. and the competition is 2 to 4 p.m.
• When: Noon to 6 p.m. Saturday
• Where: NewBo City Market, 1100 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $25 per team of up to four
• Details: (319) 200-4050, newbocitymarket.org
Lunch With Santa
Enjoy a three course meal, complete with a visit from Santa. Each adult ticket includes one alcoholic beverage, and each child ticket includes a special gift wrapped and delivered by Santa.
• When: 11:20 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday
• Where: Vue Rooftop, 328 S. Clinton St., Suite A, Iowa City
• Cost: $25
• Details: (319) 519-4650, vuerooftop-ic.com/kidsevents
Community Christmas Eve Day Dinner
All are welcome at St. Paul’s free Christmas Eve Day Dinner with all the fixings. Meals are also delivered to shut-ins. After guests are finished with their meal, dessert, games and more fellowship will be offered. Guests are welcome to stay for a worship service at 2 p.m. in the Sanctuary. No donations will be asked. Call United Way to make reservation or if homebound to have a meal delivered.
• When: Noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday
• Where: St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 1340 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: Free
• Reservations: Call the United Way at (319) 7293-4211
06:15PM | Fri, March 06, 2020
10:30AM | Thu, March 05, 2020
10:00AM | Thu, March 05, 2020