Hancher launches its new season as part of a yearlong 2019 Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of Diana Ross. From her early days leading The Supremes to her landmark solo career, she helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paving the way for contemporary music. The singer, actress and record producer, born in Detroit on March 26, 1944, won Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012, and an Oscar nomination for her star turn in “Lady Sings the Blues.” Ain’t no mountain high enough for this superstar.
Diana Ross: The Music Book Tour
7:30 p.m. Friday (7/19), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $95, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DianaRoss
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Farmer sentenced in multimillion dollar organic fraud scheme dies by suicide
- Operation Quickfind: 3-year-old missing in Cedar Rapids (Cancelled)
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s linebackers: 1 less job; still tons of competition
- Kamala Harris ramping up on campuses as classes commence
- Cedar Rapids man created Palmer Method of handwriting taught to millions
- ‘Swatting’ hoax triggers hefty police response at NW Cedar Rapids home Police said 911 caller falsely reported possible murder, barricaded subject