Hancher launches its new season as part of a yearlong 2019 Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of Diana Ross. From her early days leading The Supremes to her landmark solo career, she helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paving the way for contemporary music. The singer, actress and record producer, born in Detroit on March 26, 1944, won Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012, and an Oscar nomination for her star turn in “Lady Sings the Blues.” Ain’t no mountain high enough for this superstar.
Diana Ross: The Music Book Tour
7:30 p.m. Friday (7/19), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $95, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DianaRoss
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football roundup: Second-round playoff scores, stats and more
- Watching the Hawkeyes?
- Iowa football at Purdue: TV channel, live stream, start time, predictions
- West Delaware pounds Western Dubuque to move to 3A football round of 16
- Cedar Rapids Prairie stuffs Davenport North in 4A football second round
- Cedar Rapids Xavier shakes off rust, rolls past Marion in 3A football postseason