Hancher launches its new season as part of a yearlong 2019 Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of Diana Ross. From her early days leading The Supremes to her landmark solo career, she helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paving the way for contemporary music. The singer, actress and record producer, born in Detroit on March 26, 1944, won Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012, and an Oscar nomination for her star turn in “Lady Sings the Blues.” Ain’t no mountain high enough for this superstar.
Diana Ross: The Music Book Tour
7:30 p.m. Friday (7/19), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $95, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DianaRoss
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘They screwed us,’ Grassley says of EPA’s ethanol waivers
- The letter Tristan Wirfs wrote that led to a state wrestling championship
- Teen arrested after shots fired into minivan in Cedar Rapids
- Petroleum spill on Ralston Creek in Iowa City likely from former industrial site
- IHSSN announces new broadcast plans for Iowa high school boys' state tournaments
- Copies of University of Iowa artwork could be wishing you ‘get well soon’