Hancher launches its new season as part of a yearlong 2019 Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of Diana Ross. From her early days leading The Supremes to her landmark solo career, she helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paving the way for contemporary music. The singer, actress and record producer, born in Detroit on March 26, 1944, won Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012, and an Oscar nomination for her star turn in “Lady Sings the Blues.” Ain’t no mountain high enough for this superstar.
Diana Ross: The Music Book Tour
7:30 p.m. Friday (7/19), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $95, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DianaRoss
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lisbon's Cael Happel downs nation's No. 2-ranked wrestler for title at Independence
- Photos: Cliff Keen Independence Invitational, high school wrestling
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders give up 3 goals in 54 seconds to lose heartbreaker to Chicago
- Feel-good, if not unexpected, win for Cedar Rapids Prairie boys’ hoops team over North Scott
- UNI 13, South Dakota State 10: Panthers get revenge in second round of FCS Playoffs
- Aaron Cashman will get chance to fill in for Spencer Lee when Iowa wrestles Princeton