Hancher launches its new season as part of a yearlong 2019 Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of Diana Ross. From her early days leading The Supremes to her landmark solo career, she helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paving the way for contemporary music. The singer, actress and record producer, born in Detroit on March 26, 1944, won Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012, and an Oscar nomination for her star turn in “Lady Sings the Blues.” Ain’t no mountain high enough for this superstar.
Diana Ross: The Music Book Tour
7:30 p.m. Friday (7/19), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $95, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DianaRoss
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Jan. 28, 2020)
- Backcourt powers Linn-Mar boys’ basketball to new heights against Cedar Rapids Kennedy
- Former Linn County supervisor to run for county auditor
- Cedar Rapids police: Suspect in armed robbery at Kennedy High School arrested
- Xavier girls' basketball handles Western Dubuque, but a challenging string is on the horizon
- University of Iowa to name Finkbine Golf Course clubhouse after local, rooted family