Dance Gala 2019 celebrates its 38th anniversary with “In Motion,” featuring new work created by University of Iowa Department of Dance faculty and guest artists from Urban Bush Women, a dance company that encourages civic engagement and social accountability through art. The program also will include an appearance by the UI’s enigmatic Laptop Orchestra. While Dance Gala works often include cross-collaborations, Jennifer Kayle and Daniel Fine’s piece, “(dis)APPEAR(d)ances,” is pushing boundaries in dance, digital media and music, by playing with how media affects experiences of presence and absence.
Dance Gala: “In Motion”
8 p.m. Friday (11/15) and Saturday (11/16), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; $5 to $20, $100 patron, Hancher Box Office, (319) 335-1160, 1-(800) HANCHER or Hancher.uiowa.edu/2019-20/DanceGala
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Williamsburg, Solon jump into wrestling season after deep playoff runs in football
- Willie Ray’s Q Shack in Cedar Rapids serves barbecue that reminds owner of home
- Iowa men's basketball faces a heck of a Big Ten opener at Michigan
- Coralville man on parole charged in deadly shooting outside Lu Verne bank
- On Iowa Podcast: Bowl possibilities are narrowing
- Regents reviewing four bids to operate University of Iowa utilities