The Iowa City Council Tuesday night unanimously agreed to provide financial assistance and free parking to a technology company that wants to relocate downtown.
The city will give software developer MetaCommunications $58,000 to help the company finish building out office space at the Park@201 building under construction on the Pedestrian Mall.
The agreement also says that if MetaCommunications hires the equivalent of 20 full-time employees over the next three years, the city would cover the full $31,680 annual value of 33 parking permits for five years. The benefit would decrease 20 percent a year after that.MetaCommunications is currently located on South Gilbert Street.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Drake Relays form chart 2019: Unofficial qualifier list
- Modern Piping saga not quite over? UI reverses promise to pay contractor in Children’s Hospital dispute
- Be Kind, Rewind: New Cedar Rapids bar is a tribute to the 1980s
- Fire closes Riley’s, Broken Spoke
- ConnectCR dream takes leap toward reality
- West's Peyton Steva isn’t merely coasting home as high school track career winds down