ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Outfielder Adam Brett Walker of the Cedar Rapids Kernels was announced Monday as the 2013 winner of the George M. Trautman award as the Topps/Midwest League Player of the Year.
Walker hit .279 in 129 games this season, with 27 home runs and 109 RBIs. He was a third-round draft pick of the parent Minnesota Twins in 2012 out of Jacksonville University in Florida.
The Twins also had the Player of the Year in the International League in first baseman Chris Colabello of the Rochester Red Wings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Erin Kerkhoff’s ability trumps her disability
- Season ends for Cedar Rapids RoughRiders with Game 4 loss to Chicago in USHL second round
- Iowa retires Megan Gustafson’s No. 10 jersey
- Reports: Iowa water quality getting worse and underfunded
- Part of the 2019 NFL Draft on ESPN will be ‘Hawkeye TV’
- Iowa City to replace Gilbert Street bridge near downtown in coming years