ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Outfielder Adam Brett Walker of the Cedar Rapids Kernels was announced Monday as the 2013 winner of the George M. Trautman award as the Topps/Midwest League Player of the Year.
Walker hit .279 in 129 games this season, with 27 home runs and 109 RBIs. He was a third-round draft pick of the parent Minnesota Twins in 2012 out of Jacksonville University in Florida.
The Twins also had the Player of the Year in the International League in first baseman Chris Colabello of the Rochester Red Wings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Next for Iowa basketball: A talented 7-foot-2 Duck
- Troopers looking for witnesses of fatal crash in Tama County
- Cedar Rapids man sentenced to 33 years in federal prison for guns, drugs
- Bohemian Grocer aims for rhapsody of more offerings
- UI College of Dentistry bringing smiles to U.S. veterans
- Stan Lee, creator of superheroes, dies at 95