NORTH LIBERTY – North Liberty voters will cast their ballots at a single location this November.
The Johnson County Auditor’s Office announced Thursday that it would consolidate six polling places into its first “vote center.” That will be at the South Slope Cooperative Communications building, 980 N. Front St., which will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 5.
The state now allows auditors to combine precincts into vote centers for non-partisan elections, the Auditor’s Office said in a news release.Five to eight workers will be needed at the vote center, instead of the minimum of 16 that would have been necessary at the six polling places, according to the release. That will save up to $2,500, the Auditor’s Office said.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Spencer Lee earns first-period tech fall, Iowa wrestling takes care of Nebraska
- Lisa Bluder: Wisconsin 'is ticked' and 'really tired of this' as Iowa seeks 21st straight win in series
- Photos: Iowa wrestling defeats Nebraska
- Hawkeyes men’s basketball team and its fans: It looks like love
- Kyle Green describes AJ Green’s game: ‘Confidence is a big part of it’
- Iowa State men’s basketball has to match Texas Tech’s toughness