IOWA CITY – A forum on the Johnson County criminal justice center vote will be held Oct. 1.
Johnson County AARP is hosting the forum on the November ballot issue at 2 p.m. in Room 203 of the county’s Health and Human Services Building, 855 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City.
Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek and County Attorney Janet Lyness will speak in favor of the justice center. Any group advocating against the plan should call (319) 338-0431, and they will be given time to speak at the forum. The audience also will be allowed to ask questions and speak.Voters are being asked to approve a $46.8 million bond issue for a justice center, which would include a new jail and court space.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz: ‘Change will begin with us’
- Coralville crowd turns violent early Monday
- Motorcycle vs. semi wreck kills one on I-380, police say
- Iowa coronavirus data trending down
- Iowa high school softball preseason rankings: North Linn is No. 1 in Class 2A
- 2 dead, officer ambushed as Davenport protests turn violent