IOWA CITY – A forum on the Johnson County criminal justice center vote will be held Oct. 1.
Johnson County AARP is hosting the forum on the November ballot issue at 2 p.m. in Room 203 of the county’s Health and Human Services Building, 855 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City.
Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek and County Attorney Janet Lyness will speak in favor of the justice center. Any group advocating against the plan should call (319) 338-0431, and they will be given time to speak at the forum. The audience also will be allowed to ask questions and speak.Voters are being asked to approve a $46.8 million bond issue for a justice center, which would include a new jail and court space.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Rep. Finkenauer calls on Gov. Reynolds to issue stay-at-home order
- Watch live: Daily White House coronavirus task force briefing for March 27
- Nicholas Baer’s G League year: Traveling, playing, adapting
- U.S. Department of Justice backs United Technologies merger with Raytheon
- Iowa restaurant revenues, employment plummet due to coronavirus concerns
- Even closed, Corridor libraries boosting internet access