Since my series began last week about some Iowa families' experiences with the Iowa Department of Human Services child protection system, I've heard from nearly two dozen parents, grandparents and foster parents who wanted to share their stories.So I've decided to open this thread for anyone who wants to talk about their experiences -- good or bad -- with Iowa DHS. No gossip or third-hand accounts, please, and be mindful of thegazette.com's Rules of Engagement, below.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Balanced, unselfish Lynx advance to state
- Linn County unveils plans for access, homeless centers
- Marion, Dubuque Wahlert win Class 3A substate semifinals
- Sofia Mehaffey running for Cedar Rapids City Council District 2 seat
- Gov. Reynolds didn’t meet deadline to appoint judge, Des Moines lawyer argues
- Cedar Rapids ranked highly for tech start-ups