Since my series began last week about some Iowa families' experiences with the Iowa Department of Human Services child protection system, I've heard from nearly two dozen parents, grandparents and foster parents who wanted to share their stories.So I've decided to open this thread for anyone who wants to talk about their experiences -- good or bad -- with Iowa DHS. No gossip or third-hand accounts, please, and be mindful of thegazette.com's Rules of Engagement, below.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Unusual on Johnson County ballot: sheriff’s race Al Fear and Brad Kunkel compete in Democratic primary
- Vote for the best former Iowa high school mascot: Far Northwest, Near Northwest, West Central district finals
- Olson family will be prevalent again at Benton County Speedway
- Photos: Auto racing returns to Benton County Speedway in Vinton
- After Xtream Arena is built, will they come?
- Iowa City Democratic stronghold not blue enough, rival for Iowa House seat says