I don't know who started it, but I noticed last night that many of my followers were making odd declarations about the benefits and detriments of working with pencils, all with the hashtag #pencilchat.
It didn't take too long to realize that this wasn't actually about pencils. The tweets were retreads of the common arguments for and against having more technology in schools, it's just the technology in question was pencils.
Some of these were quite amusing, so here's a Storify with some of my favorites:
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition first major group to snub RAGBRAI for new Iowa’s Ride
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts wants to hire 2 more experts at public expense
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title