Burlington Trailways has revamped its thrice-daily Iowa City-Chicago bus service , reducing trip times and adding discount fare options in response to the competition from discounter Megabus.
The new service schedules will reduce travel times between the cities to four and a half hours or less. Burlington Trailways added "bucket pricing" options, which allow customers who book early online to receive one-way fares as low as $1, with prices graduating up to the full price of $28 weekdays and $30 weekends after three-fourths of the tickets for the departure are sold.Read more at Business380.com
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa women’s basketball spreads out the points late, rallies past Drake, 103-97
- Lisbon man charged after high-speed chase from Central City into Jones County
- Chew on This: Zoey’s Pizza reopens in Marion, Table closes in North Liberty
- Jordan Bohannon says Iowa will climb 2 more rungs — to No. 1
- Iowa City company raises $7.5 million for drone crop-spraying technology
- Sen. Chuck Grassley proposes 50% hike in oil, gas royalties on federal lands