CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – One man is dead following an early morning shooting in southeast Cedar Rapids. Shortly before 3 a.m. Sunday, police were called to a report of shots fired at 211 15th Street Southeast.
When police arrived on the scene, officers found an individual had been shot. The man was transported to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police have identified the victim as Dexter Lashun Meeks, 23, of Cedar Rapids.
No other details are being released at this time. An investigation into the shooting continues..If you have information regarding this or any crime, call Linn County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-CS-CRIME (272-7463).
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- With only days left to apply, FEMA says $28 million given in derecho relief
- Finkenauer, Hinson spar over health care plans in Iowa 1st District race
- Springville superior in a 1A regional volleyball final sweep of Belle Plaine
- Stoney Point YMCA for sale as pandemic takes financial toll on Cedar Rapids organization
- Coronavirus hospitalizations in Iowa soar for third straight day
- Wilton sweeps West Branch in 2A regional volleyball final