Johnson County Supervisor Sally Stutsman has announced plans to run for the Iowa House in an open district in the western part of the county.
The 2011 redistricting process created a new district, House 77, that includes the area where Stutsman has lived since 1969.
The new district includes the cities of North Liberty, Tiffin, Oxford, Swisher, Shueyville, and Lone Tree plus Freemont, Lincoln, Pleasant Valley, Sharon, Washington, West Lucas, Union, Hardin, Clear Creek, Oxford, Madison, Jefferson and Monroe townships as well as Liberty Township Liberty excluding the town of Hills.Stutsman began her fifth four-year term on the Board of Supervisors in January. She is a farmer and former social worker who has focused on issues of good government throughout her career.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City Liberty shakes off rust, hands Dubuque Hempstead 1st loss to split baseball doubleheader
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy baseball shows potential in salvaging split with Linn-Mar
- Jeff Aikey teaching and still winning auto races
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy softball makes quick work of Linn-Mar
- Joni Ernst launches first TV ad as another poll shows tight Iowa Senate race
- Former girls’ basketball rivals will unite at North Linn