The National Weather Service has confirmed 10 tornadoes from the 27 that were reported.
The most severe struck Mapleton in Monona County in western Iowa around 7:20 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say it destroyed or damaged more than 100 homes and injured more than a dozen people, but there were no fatalities.
The Des Moines Register says National Weather Service experts have confirmed two twisters struck Ida County on Saturday night. There were four more in Sac County, two in Pocahontas County and one in Kossuth County.The weather service's Davenport office reported no twisters overnight Sunday or early on Monday, despite ripe conditions. Damaging storms were reported in Wisconsin.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
- Potential trash turns out to be theater treasure
- Too much Tyler Cook (and Hawkeyes) spoils the broth for UNI
- West Delaware opens eyes with impressive Battle of Waterloo showing
- UNI’s offense bottoms out in Hy-Vee Classic loss to Iowa
- Jason Polin’s 1st-period hat trick sends C.R. RoughRiders into the holiday break with 5-2 win
- CPU’s Caleb Fuessley driven for successful senior wrestling season