One big milestone for Cedar Rapids flood recovery involves the city council moving back downtown. On April 26th, the council will meet in the old federal courthouse, just down the block from the former City Hall which was in the Veterans Memorial Building on May’s Island.
The courthouse building will still be going through renovation. And the large, third-floor courtroom will become the new council chambers.The Vets Memorial Building will soon be home to a veterans museum, and also will host some city meetings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Erin Kerkhoff’s ability trumps her disability
- Season ends for Cedar Rapids RoughRiders with Game 4 loss to Chicago in USHL second round
- Iowa retires Megan Gustafson’s No. 10 jersey
- Reports: Iowa water quality getting worse and underfunded
- Part of the 2019 NFL Draft on ESPN will be ‘Hawkeye TV’
- Iowa City to replace Gilbert Street bridge near downtown in coming years