One big milestone for Cedar Rapids flood recovery involves the city council moving back downtown. On April 26th, the council will meet in the old federal courthouse, just down the block from the former City Hall which was in the Veterans Memorial Building on May’s Island.
The courthouse building will still be going through renovation. And the large, third-floor courtroom will become the new council chambers.The Vets Memorial Building will soon be home to a veterans museum, and also will host some city meetings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- The Eastern Iowa Airport to start mandatory health screenings Jan. 25
- Iowa GOP leaders acknowledge Biden win
- Kirkwood’s Ashley Tull ready to return to basketball court
- Florida wrongful death lawsuit envelops Cedar Rapids man, a former deputy
- Fact Checker: Pat Grassley’s wrong that he can’t require masks at Statehouse
- Defensive unit capitalizes on both ends in late Iowa run