One big milestone for Cedar Rapids flood recovery involves the city council moving back downtown. On April 26th, the council will meet in the old federal courthouse, just down the block from the former City Hall which was in the Veterans Memorial Building on May’s Island.
The courthouse building will still be going through renovation. And the large, third-floor courtroom will become the new council chambers.The Vets Memorial Building will soon be home to a veterans museum, and also will host some city meetings.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UTC leases executive offices in Florida, but Collins Aerospace HQ not yet determined
- Next for Iowa basketball: A talented 7-foot-2 Duck
- Troopers looking for witnesses of fatal crash in Tama County
- Iowa football: 5 Things to know about Illinois
- Cedar Rapids man sentenced to 33 years in federal prison for guns, drugs
- Iowa State football: 5 Things to know about Texas