At the death of the last Titanic survivor, Millvina Dean, I thought it would be interesting to see what coverage The Gazette had of Cedar Rapids' Walter Douglas, who was a casualty of that tragedy.
This pair of stories (published April 22, 1912) was moving, especially Mahalla Dutton Douglas' description of the ship's sinking.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- Schedule released for Rivalry Saturday 2019 in Cedar Rapids
- Photos: Wamac Conference cross country meet