The Gazette’s second Business Breakfast of the year on June 20 will focus on the question, “What do our cities need?”
Business districts want to attract and retain good workers by providing amenities and well-maintained streets — but they don’t necessarily want the increased taxes that can accompany those features. The panel of experts from the Corridor and elsewhere will discuss the opportunities and the challenges.
Panelists will be:
• Robin Bostrom, business specialist, Main Street Iowa
• Rick Dickinson, president and CEO, Greater Dubuque Development Corp.
• Scott Olson, broker associate, Skogman Commercial and Cedar Rapids City Council
• Phil Wasta, executive director, MedQuarter.
The breakfast will be held at the Geonetric Building’s cafe space in the New Bohemia District of Cedar Rapids. Networking will start at 7 a.m., with the panel discussion from 7:30 to 9 a.m.
Tickets to the breakfast area available at thegazette.com/businessjune20. The fee is $5.
NewBoCo is community partner for the event.
• Comments: (319) 398-8366; firstname.lastname@example.org