116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Broadway heading to Des Moines
DES MOINES — “SIX,” “TINA” and “Beetlejuice” are coming to the Des Moines Civic Center for the 2022-23 Willis Broadway Series.
Six shows make up the Season Ticket Package, with three additional returning favorites and a special one-night concert in partnership with the Des Moines Symphony offered as add-on options.
The season ticket package features “Fiddler on the Roof,” “SIX,” “Disney’s The Lion King,” “TINA — The Tina Turner Musical,” “Ain’t Too Proud — The life and Times of The Temptations” and “Beetlejuice.”
Add-on options include “The Book of Mormon,” “Come From Away,” “Dear Evan Hansen” and in concert, An Evening with Kelli O’Hara.
The only way to guarantee seats to the six-show Willis Broadway Series is to purchase season tickets, sale now at the Civic Center ticket office, (515) 246-2322 or dmpa.org.
• “Fiddler on the Roof,” Oct. 25 to 30: Tony-winning director Bartlett Sher and the team behind “South Pacific” and “The King and I” bring a fresh vision to this theatrical masterpiece that tell the story of fathers and daughters, husbands and wives, and the timeless traditions that define faith and family.
• “SIX,” Feb. 7 to 19: Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. From Tudor Queens to Pop Princesses, the six wives of Henry VIII take the mic to remix 500 years of historical heartbreak into an exuberant celebration of 21st century girl power.
• “Disney’s The Lion King,” March 30 to April 16: More than 100 million people around the world have experienced the awe-inspiring visual artistry, music and theatrical storytelling of this Broadway spectacular that brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure.
• “TINA — The Tina Turner Musical,” May 16 to 21, 2023. Her voice is undeniable. Her fire is unstoppable. Her triumph is unlike any other.
An uplifting comeback story like no other, follows the journey of a woman who broke barriers and became the Queen of Rock ’n’ Roll.
• “Ain’t Too Proud — The life and Times of The Temptations,” June 27 to July 2, 2023: This Broadway musical follows The Temptations’ journey from the streets of Detroit to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. It’s a story of brotherhood, family, loyalty and betrayal during a decade of civil unrest in America. Set to the beat of the group’s treasured hits, including “My Girl,” “Just My Imagination,” “Get Ready” and “Papa Was a Rolling Stone.”
• “Beetlejuice,” Oct. 3 to 8, 2023. He earned his stripes on Broadway. Now the ghost-with-the-most is coming to Des Moines. Based on Tim Burton’s film, this hilarious musical tells the story of Lydia Deetz, an unusual teenager whose life changes when she meets a recently deceased couple and a demon with a thing for stripes.
• “The Book of Mormon,” Oct. 7 to 9, 2022. This outrageous musical comedy follows the adventures of a mismatched pair of missionaries, sent halfway across the world to spread the Good Word. Warning: Contains explicit language.
• “Come From Away,” Nov. 22 to 27, 2022. The true story of 7,000 stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland that welcomed them after the 9/11 bombings.
• An Evening with Kelli O’Hara, May 6, 2023. Tony Award-winning singer and actress Kelli O’Hara joins the Des Moines Symphony for an intimate program of American Songbook classics and modern Broadway favorites.
• “Dear Evan Hansen,” June 6 to 11, 2023. This Tony- and Grammy Award-winning musical centers on Evan Hansen, a high school senior with social anxiety disorder and his journey of self-discovery and acceptance following the suicide of a fellow classmate.
Early discounts for TCR season tickets
CEDAR RAPIDS — Eight plays and musicals will grace Theatre Cedar Rapids stages, as well as the TCR@Brucemore outdoor series next summer. Audiences can lock in their seats and save 25 percent by purchasing a season package attheatrecr.org/attend/subscribe/
• “Misery,” Oct. 14 to 29, Grandon Studio, play
• “Meet Me in St. Louis,” Nov. 18 to Dec. 18, Auditorium, musical
• “Cabaret,” Feb. 10 to Mar. 5, Auditorium, musical
• “A Doll’s House,” Feb. 24 to Mar. 11, Grandon Studio, play
• “A Doll’s House, Part 2,” Feb. 24 to Mar. 11, Grandon Studio, play
• “The Play That Goes Wrong,” Mar. 24 to Apr. 2, Auditorium, play
• “The SpongeBob Musical,” May 5 to 28, 2023, Auditorium, musical
• “Rock of Ages,” June 23 to July 23, 2023, Auditorium, Musical
• TCR@Brucemore summer shows: “The Book of Will,” “The Neverending Story,” “A Little Night Music”
Single tickets for all TCR shows go on sale Aug. 4. Season subscribers also will receive a 25 percent discount code and presale access to all TCR@Brucemore shows. Access codes will be emailed to subscribers in July.