ROCHESTER, Minn. — Fred Hoiberg is on his way to recovery after he underwent open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve April 17. The Iowa State University head men’s basketball coach talked with the Mayo Clinic News Bureau about the overwhelming support he’s received and his persistence to raise awareness about heart disease.
Full recovery for Hoiberg is expected within four to six weeks.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- No. 24 Iowa 26, Nebraska 20: Another win over Huskers, another Kirk Ferentz mic drop
- Iowa football gets another tense win in tilted rivalry with Nebraska
- No. 13 Iowa State 23, No. 17 Texas 20: ‘5-star culture’ beats ‘5-star players’
- Iowa football vs. Nebraska: Live score updates, highlights
- Iowa State football notes: Cyclones display mental toughness again in win over Texas
- Luka Garza scores 41, including 36 in first half, in Iowa’s 103-76 win over Southern