SEOUL — The two Koreas agreed during rare talks on Wednesday to form a combined women’s ice hockey team to take part in next month’s Winter Olympics in the South, and march together under a unified peninsula flag at the opening ceremony, a joint statement released by Seoul’s unification ministry said.
North Korea will send a 550-member delegation of about 550, including 230 cheerleaders, 140 artists and 30 Taekwondo players for a demonstration, the statement said.
The delegation is scheduled to begin arriving in South Korea on Jan. 25, the statement said.
MORE Sports ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa tax revenue grows, fueled by federal income tax change
- Search continues for missing UI Student, last seen in Brooklyn, IA
- Photos: Tornado rips through downtown Marshalltown
- Grassley marks 25 years in Senate voting streak
- University of Iowa deregisters another 38 groups
- Attorney: $2 million settlement in Burlington police shooting should prompt the release of records