What: No. 20 Iowa (11-2, 0-2) at Purdue (8-5, 1-1)
When/Where: 6 p.m. (CT), Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Ind.
TV: BTN (Dave Revsine, Stephen Bardo)
Live streaming: BTN2Go
Satellite radio: XM 81, Sirius 81
Series: Purdue leads, 89-76.
Hawkeyes data: Iowa has lost eight of its last nine games at Purdue, but the two teams have split their last 12 games. Their last meeting was in Iowa City last Jan. 20, an 87-64 Purdue win when the Boilermakers were ranked No. 3.
• The Hawkeyes have trailed by at least 17 points in all of their last 10 Big Ten road games.
• Forward Tyler Cook is tied with backup point guard Connor McCaffery for the team’s lead in assists with 40. McCaffery has played one fewer game. Cook has scored at least 15 points in all of the Hawkeyes’ last seven games.
• Iowa’s last loss was one month ago today, at Michigan State.
• The Hawkeyes will wear #TylerStrong shirts during pregame warm-ups to salute Tyler Trent, the Purdue student who died of cancer at age 20 on Tuesday.
• The Hawkeyes’ next game is at home Sunday at 4:30 p.m., against Nebraska.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
Boilermakers data: This is Purdue’s fifth game against a ranked opponent (Virginia Tech, Florida State, Michigan, Maryland). It has also played Texas and Notre Dame.
• The Boilermakers are tied for seventh nationally in 3-pointers made per game with 10.8.
• Junior guard Carsen Edwards is second in the nation in scoring with 25.8 points per game, trailing only Chris Clemons of Campbell (29.5). Edwards is tied for 11th in 3-pointers made with 50, easily leading the Big Ten. He has led the team in assists six times this season. He has 1,382 career points.
• Senior Ryan Cline’s career assists-to-turnovers ratio is 2.5.
• Matt Painter’s record as Purdue’s coach is 303-174.
• The Boilermakers’ last game was a 73-62 win over Belmont, a team that beat UCLA and came to Mackey averaging 89.5 points per game.
• Purdue had nine home sellouts in 2018.