The University of Iowa athletics department announced Tuesday that its men’s basketball team has paused workouts for 14 days after two student-athletes tested positive Monday for COVID-19.
Protocol established by the department and medical staff, including contact tracing procedures, is being followed. This includes isolation for individuals who test positive, and quarantine for those who might have been exposed to someone with the virus.
MORE CORONAVIRUS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Dallas Hobbs, Cedar Rapids Washington grad, at the forefront of Pac-12 football player movement
- Iowa announces plans for some fans to attend football games this season
- Kaitlin Hotchkiss continues Cedar Rapids Xavier’s run of Pribyl golf titles
- Man suffers life-threatening injures after explosion at residence in northwest Cedar Rapids
- FCS college football season inching closer toward postponement to spring
- Sen. Joni Ernst suggests Trump accept nomination from Des Moines