Former University of Iowa basketball standout Jarrod Uthoff has signed with the NBA’s Washington Wizards as a substitute player for the season’s restart later this month.
Uthoff, from Cedar Rapids Jefferson, played in four games for the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies this season and in nine games with the Dallas Mavericks three years ago. He spent the majority of this season with the NBA G League’s Memphis Hustle, where he averaged 19 points and 10.7 rebounds, and was named a first-team All-G League player.
Uthoff played three seasons at Iowa, averaging 18.9 points as a senior in 2015-16.
MORE Iowa Men's Basketball ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school state volleyball brackets: 2020 pairings, schedule for 5A, 4A, 3A
- Marion drops 5-set regional volleyball final to Dallas Center-Grimes
- Iowa Youth Straw Poll shows Republican sweep
- Former University of Iowa provost takes questions about why she wants to leave
- Kent State opts for interim over University of Iowa past provost
- Iowa City Liberty sweeps Bettendorf to return to state volleyball