There is a lot of talk going on between political campaigns about what we should do with Medicare. Maybe we should have Medicare for everyone (Medicare for all). Or maybe it should be an option for those who want it. On the other hand, shouldn’t we just leave things the way they are? “Conservatives” seem to think we should focus on individual initiative. “Liberals” think we need to take into account individual needs. But come to think of it, almost everyone I know believes both in individual initiative and taking care of those less able to take care of themselves. Why don’t we just expand Medicare to include children?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- School board member regrets tweeting that Prairie High show choir performance was sexist
- Luka Garza worked on Joe Toussaint’s psyche before both worked over Rutgers
- CRST, Swift Transportation continue legal battle over alleged truck driver poaching
- Iowa men's basketball holds off late Rutgers rally for fourth-straight win
- Chew on This: Kathy’s Pies taking over Kettel House Bakery & Cafe
- Pier 1 Imports in Coralville to close