There is a lot of talk going on between political campaigns about what we should do with Medicare. Maybe we should have Medicare for everyone (Medicare for all). Or maybe it should be an option for those who want it. On the other hand, shouldn’t we just leave things the way they are? “Conservatives” seem to think we should focus on individual initiative. “Liberals” think we need to take into account individual needs. But come to think of it, almost everyone I know believes both in individual initiative and taking care of those less able to take care of themselves. Why don’t we just expand Medicare to include children?
- Even without presidential candidates, Johnson County Democrats show up at barbecue fundraiser
- Operation Quickfind for Griffen Myers, 17, of Marion
- Photos from IHSMA’s Marching Band Festival at Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids
- Chauncey Golston has the solution to Iowa football’s problems
- Dems candidates address Mideast, impeachment at labor forum in Iowa
- Man rescued from Cedar River at Palisades-Kepler park Saturday