There is a lot of talk going on between political campaigns about what we should do with Medicare. Maybe we should have Medicare for everyone (Medicare for all). Or maybe it should be an option for those who want it. On the other hand, shouldn’t we just leave things the way they are? “Conservatives” seem to think we should focus on individual initiative. “Liberals” think we need to take into account individual needs. But come to think of it, almost everyone I know believes both in individual initiative and taking care of those less able to take care of themselves. Why don’t we just expand Medicare to include children?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Gold Star dad: Assault on American values by ‘the incumbent’ is personal
- Here’s how you can win Jordan Bohannon’s shoes from the Iowa-Iowa State game
- Iowa women's basketball sets school shooting record in a rout of NCCU
- Photos: Iowa women's basketball vs. North Carolina Central
- Lisbon sets school record with team title at Mount Vernon Invitational
- In determining child custody, it’s important to know the legal terms